Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

I've never really been a suspicious person; you know, believing in seven years of bad luck for not forwarding an email or something, but I think today may have convinced me that all those "Friday the 13th" rumors just might be true. I know today's calendar day is Tuesday, but it is my Friday. That is because it is the last day of my 7-day work week. And it has been crazy. It probably started with me not being able to sleep last night until about 3:30 am and then not being able to wake up this morning. Everything else went fine this morning, until I got to work and then it all started. I spilled a glass of water all over the break room floor, I kept dropping my gloves, I gave myself an enormous papercut, I spilled somebody's plasma all over the benchtop-don't worry I cleaned it up with bleach, I had to re-run about 25 patient samples because my co-worker didn't do controls on the test. And now that I am getting ready to leave, we have a problem sample that needs a lot of extra work and a lot more time until it can be resulted. Good thing it is Friday!

Anyway, there was one bright spot in my work-day: the Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream that SOMEBODY brought me for dinner!! Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream can fix just about anything! And so can wonderful friends! :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sorry you had a rough "Friday". I agree, icecream can often fix just about anything.

Also,reading this post I realized I have NO IDEA what it is you do for a living now. I know you studied biology or something...maybe, I'm not sure, and then I know you did a cool internship or something down in St. George...right? See I have no idea. You should fill me in.