Sunday, March 2, 2008

Musings of my mind

I am afraid that this post may sound either like a personal journal entry or like something my mom would say. I have been reading President Hinckley's biography and every time I open it I read something incredible that amazes me. Today I am amazed at the incredible growth of the church is such a short amount of time. I was reading that the first area conference in the United States was in 1979 and the first General Conference to be satellite broadcast was in 1980-that really wasn't that long ago!! But now satellite broadcast is used for everything from temple dedications to stake conferences and it is worldwide. Isn't it great? I love it!

2 comments:

jen said...

I miss learning about the gospel from you!! You should post more things like this for me!!

emr and hipaa said...

His journal is amazing. I couldn't stop reading it. Have you tried President Faust's? His is really good too. Ok, I like pretty much anything church history. It's great to see their examples, because they are so applicable to our life.